Claim Settlement Of Data Breach Litigation
In February 2015, the Anthem made it known to everyone that they have become a victim of a cyber attack. This very thing was compromised because the names, SSN, email, home addresses of people are included in this. This is a lawsuit for the aid the people who were harmed by this breach in data. If you have received this notice, then you can always file a claim for settlement.
In this notice, the receiver will get to know how they can participate in the claiming act. If you file it then you will be considered as a class member. However, not all individuals who have gone for this settlement will be regarded as a class member.
How to file this settlement
To have this, you have to visit, www.databreach-settlement.com
Here, at the top right corner, you will get the option for, ‘File claim’.
- You will be taken to the next page, here, click on, ‘File a claim for out of pocket cost’ from the left middle side.
- In the next page at the left middle side, you will get 4 options, for the first two, you need a claim ID. These are, ‘I have a Claim Number and want to file online and I have a Claim Number and want to print and mail a claim form’
- For the third, ‘I do not have a Claim Number and want to file online’, you have to click on this if you don’t have a claim ID.
Here, you have to scroll down a bit and you will get the online form. Here, you have to type,
- First Name
- Middle name
- Last Name
- Alternative First Name
- Middle name
- Alternate Last Name
- Primary Address
- Primary Address Continued
- Zip Code
- Email Address
- Last 4 Digits of Healthcare ID Number
- Home Phone Number
- Work Phone Number
- Date of Birth
- Cost Type
- Description of Supporting Documentation
- Date of Loss
- Amount of Loss
- Specify if you took unpaid time off work, you have to provide documentation of the number of hours
- Upload Your Documentation
- Specify if you would prefer to mail in the documentation.
- Specify the way you want to pay (PayPal or check)
- Payment Email Address
- Specify if filing on behalf of the Claimant
- Agree to the terms
- Then, press on, ‘Agree and submit’.
Out-of-Pocket Costs happened after January 2015 which are eligible for reimbursement include:
- You have obtained the cost of credit monitoring or identity protection.
- Unreimbursed losses, fees, or charges incurred as a result of identity fraud or theft connected with the possible misuse of personal details.
- Professional fees and other costs addressing identity fraud or theft, including falsified tax returns or other identity fraud or theft, connected with the possible misuse of your personal and professional information.
- There are other expenses like, postage, copying, notary, fax, mileage, and long-distance charges that you present, and which were incurred in connection with identity fraud or theft connected with the possible misuse of your personal and professional information.
Out-Of-Pocket Costs Claim Filing Deadline
August 16, 2019. Electronically filed by August 16, 2019.
The Settlement Class
You are a Settlement Class Member, and you will be affected by this Settlement, for these reasons,
- If you have received a notice from Anthem regarding the Data Breach that was announced in February 2015
- Also, if your personal data was taken during the Data Breach, and is included in Anthem’s Member Impact Database.
Also Read : Application For Vanilla Reload Online Account
To contact Anthem for detailed information or in case you have n’t received the settlement reimbursement, you have to call on, 1-877-703-0745. Or you can send a mail to, Anthem, Inc. Data Breach Litigation
P.O. Box 404012
Louisville, KY 40233-9821.