Checking the balance of Prepaid MasterCard and Visa Gift Card Online
Getting gift cards for your loved ones is an amazing thing. With the festive season knocking at the door, you can too gear p to exchange prepaid Visa and MasterCard as the perfect gift. This is sweet compact and hassles free. Running out of gift ideas? Send Prepaid Gift card! Want to save your money on wrapping papers? Give a Gift Card! And there are so many more reasons to obtain a Prepaid Gift Card this season. Both Visa and MasterCard are available!
Prepaid Master and Visa Gift card- Wonderful gift for this season
Prepaid MasterCard and Visa Gift cards are a one-time purchase. They are available at the price of $15, $20, $25, $50 and $100. Depending upon the gift cards, you can load the amount ranging from a minimum of $20 to a maximum of $500. You can transfer the money to the card via cash, debit card, credit card or net banking. The best part about having Prepaid Visa and MasterCard is that you can use it across millions of stores and cash counters across the USA. No need to worry whether a specific store will accept it or not. Each time, recipient swaps the card in the cash counter; the amount loaded is deducted as per the purchase by the recipient.
Things to keep in mind- Some facts about Gift Cards
Gift cards are however use-and-throw in nature. Once you exhaust the balance in the card, the card will no longer remain active. You cannot reload any amount again. You need to buy a new card. Gift Cards are suitable for gifting purposes to be precise. Instead of handling an envelope full of cash, you can load the cash in Prepaid Gift Card and gift. Since this is prepaid, you can only use the amount loaded on the card only. No credit.
There are some other points that you must strictly keep in mind while using a Prepaid MasterCard and Visa Gift Card. They are:
- While making a payment, give the card to the cashier present at the cash counter. Press the debit. Enter your PIN. In case you do not remember the PIN of the card, push the credit on the keypad. Sign the receipt.
- You cannot withdraw cash using Gift Card from the ATMs.
- It is always recommended to check the exact balance in the Gift Card before going for the purchase. However, in case, you accidentally forget the balance and the purchase overreach the limit, you can always pay the amount left from the Gift Card and pay the balance, using any other form of methods like cash, e-banking, or ATM Card. It is always recommended to check that with the retailer’s prior hand. Also, places like restaurants or entertainment centers have additional taxes and surcharges that will be deducted from the card itself at the time of billing. So make sure to have a thorough check of balance.
- Even after exhausting the balance of Gift Card, it is always recommended to keep it for future reference. For instance, if you want to return any product purchased with the Gift card, the amount will straightway be refunded to the mode of payment, i.e. to the Gift Card. The refund may take 2 to 3 days to complete. You can use the amount for any other purchase.
- As long as the retailer accepts Visa or MasterCard, you can use it anywhere within the USA.
- Apart from exhausting the balance, there is an expiry date embossed on the card itself. It is recommended to use the balance within the expiry period. Failure to which, your balance would be forfeited.
Checking the balance of Prepaid MasterCard and Visa Gift Card
From the above points, one thing becomes clear. Checking balance is very necessary. Though you cannot use ATM to withdraw cash, you can always insert the PIN and check the balance of Gift Cards. However, it is not a very convenient thing to rush for an ATM every time you want to check the balance. This is why; you can always check the balance of your Prepaid MasterCard or Visa Card MyGiftCard Site portal. All you need is a card and a device with an internet connection. Equipped, you can check the balance from anywhere and anytime:
- Open the browser and visit www.mygiftcardsite.com
- Enter the exact card number in front of the card.
- Write the card security code, the three-digit number at the back of the card immediately after the signature block.
- Enter the captcha code
- Click on Log In.
Other features of MyGiftCard Site
On access, you can check the exact balance amount displayed right in front of your screen. MyGiftCard Site portals are the convenient way to keep a tab on your expenditure apart from checking balance, MyGiftCard Site can also be used for:
- Account statement including a full report on the history of the transaction.
- Expiry date.
- Centers where Prepaid MasterCard and Visa Gift Card is accepted.
- Checking for the declined transaction in spite of hav8ing enough balance and reporting about it.
- Download and share the online account statement.
And many more!
Also Read : Citi Credit Account Login Process
Helpline at the hand:
However, using Gift Card also comes with the same share of problems. While one of them comes in the form of unfortunate phishing incidents like unauthorized transactions, there may also be an issue like the stolen card, locking of the card due to entering the incorrect PIN and many more. There are also other concerns like getting an explanation about the online account statement or have your doubts cleared about any transaction, card feature and many more. For all your queries, request and complaints, there is one integrated helpline number, 1-866-952-5653. Shoot your queries or concern after selecting the relevant IVR. You will be provided with the relevant resolution.