Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement
Swisher Sweet is a brand of flavored cigarettes manufactured by Swisher International. Inc.
A class action lawsuit has been filed against Swisher International. Inc claiming that the product advertising has violated the Oregon Unlawful Trade Practices Act.
Swisher advertise as “5 for the price of 3” were deceptive because the promotion implies that five cigarillos could be purchased for the price of three, but consumers complain that three individual cigarillos price is lesser than the pack of 5.
Defendants deny all the complains as Swisher International, Inc. does not directly sell cigarillos to consumers and believes that retailers price the products within the scope of the promotion so that most consumers did not overpay for Swisher cigarillos.
Going through this article you will be able to know how you can file your claim, what are the eligibilities, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to file Claim for Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement:
You can submit your claim if you are an eligible class member. The eligibility criteria are:
- You need to be a legal US resident, the District of Columbia, or Puerto Rico
- You should have purchased “5 for the price of 3”; “3 for the price of 2”; “buy 1 get 1 free”; or “buy 4 get 1 free” Swisher product within August 25, 2015, through February 7, 2019
Rules associated with the Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement:
To file and receive your claim you should follow the rules associated with this class action:
- If you have purchased Swisher product for commercial use or resale you are not eligible to file your claim
- Any worker of Swisher and or their immediate family member cannot file their claim
- Judicial officers and their immediate family members and associated court staff assigned to this case are not allowed to file a claim
- The claim form should be submitted within October 4, 2020
- If you exclude yourself from this lawsuit you will not eligible to claim the lawsuit prize
- The last date of exclusion is July 19, 2019
- You can submit your Claim Form until the cap of $2.5 million has been reached or until one year has passed from the first voucher distribution
How to file a Claim for Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement:
To file your Claim for the Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement you can follow the below process:
Online Claim File:
- Open the official website of the Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement with the link www.swishersweetssettlement.com
- Click on the “File a Claim” Section
- Enter your Claim Id then click on the “File a Claim” option
On the next page you need to enter the below details:
- Claimant Name
- Mailing Address
- Zip Code
- Home Phone Number
- Email Address
- Purchase Information
- Number of purchase
After filing in all the details click on the “Submit” button.
To know your Claim Id you check the notice you have received. Or, you can email to the Settlement Administrator at email@example.com.
File Claim by Mail :
To file your claim through the mail you can download the claim form from the link www.swishersweetssettlement.com/Claim_form. Enter all the required details and send it to Swisher Sweets Settlement c/o JND Legal Administration P.O. Box 91047 Seattle, WA 98111.
Keep copies of the completed Claim Form and documentation for your own records and do not highlight any portion of the Claim Form or any supporting documents.
Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement Prize:
- Total $2.5 million settlement amount has been approved
- You will receive two to five vouchers, each with a face value of $1.00
Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement Prize Rule:
- The prize will be distributed among the claimants on the first serve first come basis
- Vouchers will be distributed on a quarterly basis
- Vouchers have two years expiry dated form the distribution date
- Vouchers can be redeemed at retail for purchase of Swisher cigar products
- If there is any amount left after one year has passed from the first voucher distribution then the remaining amount will donated half to National Consumer Law Centre and a half to the Oregon State Bar
Addition Information Related to Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement:
- The case name and number is PODAWILTZ V. SWISHER INTERNATIONAL, INC., ET AL. CASE NO. 16CV27621
- Class counsels are Nancy A. Kulesa, Lori Feldman, Michael Fuller, and Robert Le
- Defendant counsels are Peter P. Hargitai and Milo Petranovich
- Clerk of the Court Multnomah County Courthouse is overseeing the case.
- The Fairness Hearing is scheduled to take place at 9 A.M. on August 9, 2019
For any quarries related to Swisher Sweet Cigars Class Action Settlement
Call: 1-833-285-1326 (toll-free)
Mail: Swisher Sweets Settlement, c/o JND Legal Administration, P.O. Box 91047, Seattle, WA 98111