About Central Maine Power
Central Maine Power is a very well-known electric company. They serve more than 600,000 residential customers access Maine. This electric utility company was first started in 1899. The head office of this company is based in Augusta, Maine. This company offers energy at a lower price than the other companies.
How to Pay Central Maine Power Bill
Central Maine Power offers several payment options to pay the utility bill. You can make your payment by following these methods below:
Pay Central Maine Power Bill via Online Method:
- Through the online payment method, you can make the payment. To make the payment you must have to register your account first. If you already completed your registration process, you need to follow these instructions as mentioned below:
- You have to go to the Central Maine Power website by clicking on this link cmpco.com.
- Then, you need to select the My Account option from the right side of the page.
- Then, on the provided field, input your username and password.
- After that, clicking on the Login option, follow the steps further to make your payment.
Pay Central Maine Power Bill by AutoPay:
- AutoPay allows the customers to pay your bill automatically from your checking account, debit card, or credit card. So, this way you will never miss a bill payment with Central Maine Power. To use this service, you have to set up an automatic payment. To set your automatic payment, you have to follow these steps:
- Visit the Central Maine Power website by clicking on this link cmpco.com.
- Then, from the main menu, select the Account option, and choose AutoPay.
- Then, on the next page, provide your personal details.
- Then, input your banking information on the next step.
- After that, you need provide your payment information.
- After providing all the details, you need to select the Submit option.
Pay Central Maine Power Bill by Phone:
Central Maine Power allows its customers to pay their bills over the phone. You can choose to pay your bill through an automated phone system. To make the payment, you need to dial 1-800-686-4044 to contact customer service. Simply follow the automated call service to make the payment from your phone.
Pay Central Maine Power Bill by Mail:
Pay your Central Maine Power bill through the traditional mail method. Send your money order or personal check by mail to Central Maine Power. The main payment method is slower than the order payment methods. Before sending the mail, make sure to add your Central Maine Power account number on your check. You can send your payment stub to this address below:
Central Maine Power Company
PO Box 847810
Boston, MA 02284-7810
Pay Central Maine Power Bill in Person:
- Central Maine Power allows the customers to make the bill payment in person. You can follow these steps below:
- Simply go to this link cmpco.com.
- Then, click on the Account option, and select the Pay in Person option.
- There, you will get the available payment locations to pay your bill.
Pay Central Maine Power Bill by Gift Cards:
- You can pay your Central Maine Power bill using the gift card. Central Maine Power gift card is a perfect choice for the family, friends, and neighbors.
- You will require the Gift of Energy Form. For this form, check the Central Maine website.
- Send a personal check or money order to CMP.
- You have to send your form and gift payment to this address below:
CMP Gift of Energy
83 Edison Drive
Augusta, ME 04336
Pay Central Maine Power Bill by Mobile App:
Central Maine Power offers the CMP mobile app for their customers. You can access your CMP account information on the mobile app. This application is available in both platform to download. If you are using your iPhone, then look at Apple Apps Store for this app. Visit Google Play Store to download the CMP app, to download the CPM app on your Android device. Then, open the CMP mobile app and log in to your account to make your bill payment.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- Almost every company charges service fees and penalty fees. You will be charging the security deposits, late payment fees, returned check fees, reconnection fees.
- Security Deposit: With Central Maine Power, you have to pay the security deposit., which depends on the creditworthiness.
- Late Payment Fee: If you cannot make the payment by the due date, you have to pay the late payment fees. The late payment charges 0.892% of the past balance.
- Returned Check Fee: If your check is refused by the bank due to insufficient balance, you have to pay the returned check fees of $30.
What to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- If you cannot make the payment by the due date, contact Central Maine Power immediately. There are some assistance programs available for customers who can’t pay the bill. These programs are designed to help low-income customers. These are some of the assistance programs:
- Lifelight Service.
- Friend Alert.
- Electricity Lifeline Program.
- York County Community Action Corp.
- Community Concepts, Inc.
- Penquis Community Action Program. Etc.
Read More : Access to MyIndigoCard Online Account
Central Maine Power Contact Info
If you face any problem or have any issue with the bill payment, contact the Central Maine Power customer service department.
Residential Customers: 800.750.4000
Live Support Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Commercial Customers: 800.565.3181
Life Support Hours: Mon-Fri 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Corporate Office: 800.565.0121
- Payments: CMP, P.O. Box 847810, Boston, MA 02284-7810
- Customer Service: CMP, 83 Edison Drive, Augusta, ME 04336
- Corporate office: CMP, 83 Edison Drive, Augusta, ME 04336