The Potomac Electric Power Company is operating under the name of Pepco. It is a public electric utility company, that serves throughout the city of Washington, D.C., and Maryland. Exelon is the parent company of Pepco. The headquarter of this company is located in the United States. Oscar T. Crosby started this utility service company in 1896.
How to Pay Pepco Bill
You will get several payment options to make payment for your Pepco bill. You can choose to follow any following payment method to pay your electric bill.
Pay Pepco Bill via Online Method:
- Make the payment for the Pepco bill online. But if you are the first time paying your bill, you have to register your account first. Visit the Pepco website to complete the registration process. After you finish your registration, follow these steps:
- You need to visit this link pepco.com
- You will see the login section on the right side of the Pepco home page.
- Then, on the provided field, input your username and password.
- You can save your username name on that device, by checking the Remember Username.
- After providing all your login details, simply select the Sign In option.
Pay Pepco Bill as a Guest Online:
- Pay your Pepco bill without login to your account. You will be required, your utility account number to make the payment, you need to follow these instructions:
- You need to visit this link paynow8.speedpay.com
- Then, on the provided field, input the account number and service zip code.
- To pass the security, you need to check the I’m not a robot.
- After that, you need to select the Submit button.
- Then, you just need to follow the steps further to make payment.
Pay Pepco Bill by Automatic Payment:
- You can also enroll in the Automatic Payment program. Which will automatically draft your monthly bill from your bank account or credit card. Here you don’t have to remember the payment date each month. There will be no late payment or service instructions for non-payment. To enroll for automatic payment, you have to follow these steps:
- Simply visit this link pepco.com
- Then, on the provided field, input the username and password.
- Then, you need to select the Sign In option.
- After that, follow the steps further to set up the automatic payment service.
Pay Pepco Bill with Mobile App:
You can also make your utility bill payment over the Pepco Self-Service mobile app. You will get the app on both android and iOS devices. Android users will get the app from the Google Play Store and iOS users will get it from the Apps Store. After downloading the app, simply login to your account. Then, under the My Account tab, you will get the Pay Bill option.
Pay Pepco Bill in Person:
- If you want to make the payment for the Pepco bill in person then visit the Pepco location. You have to visit the nearest office locations to make a payment. In order to find out nearest Pepco payment center, follow these steps:
- You need to visit this link pepco.com
- Then, under the My Account option, select the Find a Payment Location.
- Provide your zip code on the respected field.
- After that, you need to select the Search option.
- Then, follow the steps further to find out your nearest Pepco locations.
Pay Pepco Bill by Phone:
Users can also pay the Pepco bill over the phone. You can pay your utility bill through an automated phone system. To make the payment, you need to dial 202-833-7500. If you are using your debit cards, credit cards, and e-checks. You just need to follow the automated call service to complete your bill payment.
Pay Pepco Bill by Mail:
- You can send your payment check or money order by mail. You have to send your payment stub to Pepco. As the mail payment option takes time to process, so send your payment stub before the due date. You can send your payment stub to this address below:
PO Box 13608
Philadelphia PA 19101-3608
How the Penalty Fees Work
- You will be charged several service fees by Pepco. These are the following fees that you have to pay:
- Late Payment Fee: If you cannot make your utility bill payment by the due date, you have to pay the late payment fees. To avoid the late payment fees, you can simply ask for a payment extension.
- Service Fee: If your form or payment check is returned due to an insufficient balance, you have to pay a service fee.
Things to Do If You Can’t Pay the Bill
- You will get the following payment arrangement programs for those, who cannot pay their utility bill.
- Extended Payment: If you cannot make the payment due to an insufficient balance, you can apply for the payment extended program.
- LIHEAP home energy assistance program: If you are a low-income customer, then you can apply for this program. You can use the fund for cooling and heating coast.
Read More : How to Pay Central Maine Power Bill
Pepco Contact Info
In case, you need to contact the customer service department of Pepco, then you have to contact at:
Available Hours: Mon to Fri: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
PO Box 97274
Washington, DC 20090-7274